Embedded Software Developer
JCA Technologies is a leader in autonomous and connected agricultural machine control systems. We have been a successful partner with equipment manufacturers in the mobile industry for over 18 years, delivering scalable advanced technology solutions that help get OEM innovations to the field.
The rapid growth of autonomous and connected machines in agriculture has fueled the growth of JCA as we have positioned ourselves with a unique offering of technology complimented with engineering and manufacturing capabilities that fit with the evolving market needs.
We are seeking a motivated individual for an opportunity in the area of embedded software development. This individual would be responsible for the definition, design, and verification of embedded software developed for products used in rugged off-highway mobile machine applications. This individual would be responsible for both embedded software development through the entire development cycle for products developed from concept through to production. An innovative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit is essential.
The following are guidelines of what we are looking for in a candidate. Candidates who do not meet all of the criteria may be considered if they can demonstrate exceptional skills in other areas.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited University, candidates with differing education background with embedded systems development experience may also be considered
- Experience in software development for microprocessor based embedded systems (preferably using C or C++)
- Experience in developing software to interface with peripherals at the chip level (such as memories, communication controllers, I2C and SPI devices
- Experience with embedded RTOS and embedded Linux
- Good working knowledge of CAN-based systems and protocols such as J1939 and ISOBUS
- Good working knowledge of CAN, J1939, and ISOBUS systems
- Experience in mobile machines, robotics, or other systems with real-time control needs are an asset
- Proven ability to learn quickly, with independent research to be able to get things working without much guidance
- Ability to work to relatively high-level objectives
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
Please submit your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org